Piri Piri Chicken
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 Large Red chillies
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 200ml Olive Oil
- 2 tsp paprika
Cous Cous Salad
- 200g Cous Cous
- 250ml Boiling Water
- 20g Chopped Black Olives
- 1/3 Cucumber
- 100g Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 10g Chopped Basil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Diced Garlic Cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Chop 2 red pepper in half, removing all seeds and the stem. Place the peppers cut side down on some foil on a baking tray and leave in the oven for around 20 minutes until they have started to char.
3. Once roasted, place them in a blender with 2 large red chillies, 2 garlic cloves, the juice of 1 lemon and 100ml of olive oil. Keep the blender on as you add each ingredient, and blend until it is pureed.
4. Open it up and give it a little stir, making sure to get the bits off the side and pop the lid back and turn it on. Then add another 100ml of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Then blend until it is thoroughly mixed and pureed.
5. Place 4 boneless chicken thighs in an oven dish, and grab your sauce. Pour the sauce over all 4 thighs although you will want to keep some of it back for later!
6. Turn your chicken thighs over to ensure both sides are covered. You will want an even spread of the sauce over the chicken. Now place the chicken in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes, turning the chicken half way through.
7. Time to make the cous cous salad. Get 200g of cous cous and combine with 250ml of boiling water. Cover with cling film and cook 5 mins.
8. Whilst that is cooking, chop your black olives and cherry tomatoes and thinly chop 1/3 of a cucumber. Combine these with the cous cous once cooked.
9. To make the dressing for the cous cous, you will need to combine, 1/2 cup of olive oil with 10g of chopped fresh basil. Finely dice 2 cloves of garlic and add that along with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir!
10. In a large bowl mix the cous cous and the dressing together and set to one side.
11. Now that the chicken has been in for 25 minutes, you will want to whack it under the grill on a medium heat for the last 5 minutes of cooking to give the chicken a crisp edge.
12. Whilst the chicken is under the grill, grab the rest of your piri piri sauce from earlier and place it in a saucepan. Gently heat it on a medium/low heat, stirring it to thicken.
13. Time to serve! Lift out the chicken and put to one side. Grab a bowl/plate, and portion out the cous cous salad. Then place 2 chicken thighs on each. Drizzle your heated sauce over the chicken on each plate before adding a fresh basil leaf to garnish!
14. Enjoy your homemade Piri Piri Chicken!!!
For more One Minute…ish Videos go to – https://metmunch.com/category/watch/