- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 250g Beef Mince 5% Fat or Veggie Mince
- 1 Red Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1.5 Tbsp Paprika
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1Tbsp Onion Powder
- ½ Red Chilli Diced
- 1Tbsp Mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 4 Tbsp passata
- 8 Wholemeal Wraps
- 4 Taco Shells
- 1 Beef Tomato Diced
- Iceberg Lettuce Shredded
- 60g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese Grated
- Sour cream to serve
1. Place a pan on medium heat and add olive oil. Add the mince to the pan and fry breaking the mince with the spoon.
2. Add the onions and fry until translucent, when most of the beef has browned add the minced garlic.
3. Start adding the spices, paprika, cumin, and onion powder stir to coat the beef.
4. Add in some fresh chillies the amount depends on how hot you want the dish to be and your preference. Some mixed herbs, tomato puree and passata and give it a good stir, make sure the beef is cooked thoroughly before removing it from the pan. Once cooked place the beef mixture into a separate bowl.
5. Take a wholemeal wrap and place the taco mix in the centre of the wrap. Snap a taco shell in half (you can preheat these in the oven if you want them to be extra crispy for 5 minutes at 200°C but this step is not necessary.) Add some sour cream to both sides of the taco shell and spread evenly. Sprinkle on some chopped tomatoes and cover with lettuce. Top with cheese add a smaller wholemeal wrap to the top. (If you need to make a smaller wrap it needs to be big enough to cover the taco mixture and reach over the sides, use scissors to cut the wrap to size.)
6. Firstly, preheat a frying pan on medium heat without oil.
7. This next part can be tricky so take your time. Start folding the bottom wrap over the sides of the mix and to the top of the smaller wrap and hold this fold down repeat this until the wrap is sealed all the way around.
8. Hold the taco crunch wrap tightly and flip over, place in the pan fold side down. If any folds come loose took them in with a spatula.
9. Fry on medium to high heat until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Be careful as the wrap can catch colour quickly, check after 2-3 minutes then flip once the folds have been sealed.
10. Before serving slice the taco crunch wrap and enjoy.