- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Celery
- 1 Carrot
- 200g Mushrooms
- 150g Meat Free Mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 200ml Passata
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 5g Mixed Herbs
- 10ml Soy Sauce
- 160g Tagliatelle
- Black Pepper
- 2 Sprinkles of Parmesan/Vegan Parmesan
- 5g Fresh Parsley
1. Finely dice the carrot, onions, celery and garlic.
2. Then place in a large pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil, and add the onions, carrot and celery. Fry them for a few minutes until the onions start to go translucent.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
4. Once the mushrooms have started to brown, add the meat free mince of your choosing and cook for around 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Add the garlic, tomato puree, and passata and stir in. Add the bay leaves, mixed herbs, soy sauce, a few twists of black pepper and 150ml of water and stir thoroughly.
6. Reduce the heat and leave to reduce for 25 minutes.
7. In a separate pan, bring 500ml of water to the boil. Then add the tagliatelle and bring back to the boil. Cook for 7 – 10 minutes before draining, you’ll want it al dente.
8. Stir in the pasta into the bolognese for the last minute before serving.
9. When serving sprinkle some parmesan/vegan parmesan and some fresh parsley on top. Then enjoy your meat free bolognese!
For more in our series of One Minute…ish Videos visit here – https://metmunch.com/category/watch/