What makes it not-quite-chicken curry?
It’s all veggie! MetMUnch students Emily and Isabelle talk you through how to make this quick, easy and nutritious dish.
Check out the video and full recipe below.
- Chicken tikka masala curry powder. 2 tbsp.
- Natural yoghurt. 6 tbsp.
- Quorn chicken pieces. 2 handfuls.
- Red pepper. ½.
- Salad tomatoes. 2 medium.
- Small onion. ½ the vegetable.
- Wholegrain basmati rice. 1 portion, roughly 60g.
- Squeezed lemon. ½.
- Olive oil. 1 tsp.
- Fresh coriander. 2 heaped tbsp.
- Pour rice into a saucepan, put to one side.
- Mix yoghurt, lemon and curry powder together in a bowl.
- Chop tomatoes, pepper, onion and coriander.
- Stir Quorn chicken pieces into yoghurt mixture until coated.
- Add water to rice until the saucepan is ¾ full, bring to the boil. When boiling, time the rice for 25 minutes.
- Add olive oil to the frying pan, fry onions for 3-4 minutes until light golden. Add Quorn chicken pieces to the frying pan. Turn up to a high heat. Add tomatoes and peppers.
- Stir for approx. 10 minutes, until Quorn has softened.
- Pour rest of yoghurt mixture into the saucepan, stir until bubbling. Turn down to a low-heat, until rice is ready.
- After 25 minutes/when the rice is ready, drain and pour onto a plate.
- Turn the heat of the frying pan up until curry is bubbling. Serve and enjoy. Sprinkle chopped coriander on top.