MetMUnch students Emily and Isabelle talk you through how to make deliciously simple, handmade burgers.
Check out our video or the full recipe below and give it a try.
- Olive oil. 1 tbsp. Extra for drizzling.
- Red onion.
- Lean minced beef or turkey. 500g.
- Hamburger rolls. 4 rolls.
- Salad tomatoes. 4 large.
- Fresh rocket. 4 handfuls.
- Plain flour. 2 tbsp.
- Lettuce. 4 handfuls.
- Chop onion, slice tomatoes. Put tomatoes to one side. Heat oil in a frying pan; fry onion for approx. 5 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool slightly.
- When cool, put onion in a large bowl with mince and egg, mix well. Divide mince into 4, roll into balls, flatten each into a nice fat burger.
- Put flour on a plate, dab each burger to the flour both sides, transfer to a baking tray.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Drizzle burgers with a little olive oil, put them in oven on a grill pan, cook for 15-20 minutes, flip them halfway.
- Serve burgers in rolls with tomato and rocket, with lettuce on the side. Enjoy.