Join MetMUnch student chefs Emily and Isabelle as they show you how to make this student classic with a difference – this is Clean Carbonara. We’ll talk you through the nutritional benefits of this dish and show you just how easy it is to cook.
Check out the video and full recipe below.
- Spinach. Fresh: 2 large handfuls. Frozen: 3 small chunks (handful).
- Cheese. 2 small matchbox size servings.
- Crème fraîche. 150 ml serving.
- Dried pasta. 200g serving.
- Bacon lardons. 125g serving.
- Mushrooms. 100g serving.
- Garlic. 2 small cloves.
- Olive oil. 2 tbsp.
- Pour pasta into a large saucepan. Fill ¾ with water, put on boil at a high heat.
- Pour oil into a saucepan. Crush garlic in a garlic crusher and scrape into saucepan. Put onto a low heat.
- Slice mushrooms thinly and grate the cheese.
- Add bacon to garlic, fry off until a light brown colour.
- Add mushrooms to the saucepan, cook for 2-3 minutes until they have darkened in colour.
- After 10-12 minutes, try the pasta, and if soft take off the heat. Drain using and put back into the saucepan.
- Mix crème fraîche into the pasta.
- Put spinach into the frying pan, stir for 1-2 minutes, or until the spinach has softened.
- Add frying pan mix into the saucepan with the pasta and crème fraiche, mix thoroughly.
- Either mix the cheese into the mixture or sprinkle on top, whatever your preference. Serve and enjoy.