Christmas is coming and we know that tends to mean the closest some of us will get to fruit is a chocolate orange. But it doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy some healthy, nutritious food.
We’ve selected our blueberry oat pancake recipe especially for your Christmas breakfast. Packed with protein, they’re perfect to give you the energy you need to get from opening presents all the way through to the Eastenders special.
Blueberry Oat Pancakes
- 160g rolled oats
- 250g cottage cheese
- 300g Greek/natural yoghurt
- 250g blueberries
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tsp. honey
- Rapeseed oil to lightly coat
- Put the oats, cottage cheese, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat gently to form a smooth batter.
- Use a large metal spoon to fold the blueberries into the batter – careful not to break them!
- Lightly coat a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium heat until just smoking.
- Pour one tablespoon of the batter into the pan to make a pancake and repeat, spacing the pancakes apart.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the tops bubble and the edges start to brown.
- Remove first pancake from the pan and stack on plate.
- Top with a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt and stack second pancake on top.
- Repeat layers until you have stacked four pancakes.
- Drizzle the pancakes with honey.
- If you’d like a seasonal alternative to blueberries, remove them from your recipe and try slicing pears or an apple to add on the side of your pancakes.
- Want to up the protein in your diet? Add a scoop of protein powder to the mixture.
- You can also mix the batter in a blender if you have one.