This recipe is a traditional Moldovan vegetable stew with roasted sweet peppers ( Eastern Europe). All of the ingredients being grown at home, in my own garden.
Try it for yourself!
- 12 sweet peppers
- 1 grated courgette
- 3 grated tomatoes ( you can also use tomato sauce)
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 grated carrot
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- Salt, pepper and herbs (to taste)
1. First, you start with preparing the peppers separately. You can either bake them in the oven or do them the same way as in the video for around 20 minutes on a medium heat, and turning them side to side.
2. Second, you prepare the vegetable stew in the pan. You begin with adding the chopped onions, wait for them to become golden, then add the grated carrot.
3. Add the tomato sauce or grated tomatoes with its sauce, to then add the grated courgette to the mix. Season with salt, pepper and any herbs you prefer.
4. Cook for around 10 to 15 minutes, after you added all the ingredients in the saucepan.
I hope you will enjoy the recipe!