If anyone’s like me, all you want to do while you’re sat inside all day is SNACK! I’ve developed these guilt free healthy granola bites, which make a perfect filling treat! Full of fibre, protein, essential fatty acids and numerous important vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, and low in refined sugar.
Here’s what you need:
- 120g Natural Peanut Butter
- 90g Honey
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 320g Rolled Oats
- 1 handful Crushed Mixed Nuts
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 100g Dark Chocolate broken into chocolate chips (The higher the cocoa content – the better!)
- Weighing Scales
- 1 Large Saucepan
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 Metal Spoon
- Grease-proof Paper
- 9×9 inch baking tin
1. Line the baking tin with Grease-Proof Paper
2. On a gentle heat, simmer together the honey, peanut butter and coconut oil, until they’re all melted and combined. This helps the bars to stick together!
3. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips!)
4. Leave the granola to cool down for 15 minutes before stirring in the chocolate chips, to make sure they don’t melt.
5. Press the granola into the prepared baking tin, packing it in tightly and pushing it in the corners using your spoon.
6. Place the granola in the fridge for an hour to set, before cutting it into 25 equal sized pieces.
7. Store the bites in the fridge for the best texture.
- Add in any other nuts / seeds/ dried fruit that you would like! I chose my ingredients based on what I had in the cupboard!
- Although these bites are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre, nuts and seeds have a naturally high fat content! So enjoy in moderation 🙂
Read how to make A Whole Lotta’ Chocolate Krispy Cake – By Sarah Dunkerton here – https://metmunch.com/cook/metmunch-cakes/a-whole-lotta-chocolate-krispy-cake-by-sarah-dunkerton/