What is your role at Manchester Met?
Reader in Human Rights Law
What is your favourite recipe?
Baked Vegetables With Feta
This is super simple but always surprisingly popular.
Take all or any of the following in the quantity needed for the number of people you are cooking for (sorry – that’s the closest I can get to an accurate recipe!) – you need at least 3 different types of veg but it doesn’t really matter which – I use whatever I have left – although the peppers and tomatoes are probably essential.
- Red and/or orange peppers – small or large, or the sweet red peppers – whatever you have – cut in chunks or strips, it doesn’t matter
- Fennel – cut in small chunks
- Courgettes – max 2
- At least one pack of cherry tomatoes – two is good if you have them. It doesn’t really work to use normal tomatoes cut small.
- Green beans – cut in one inch pieces
- Red onions
- Mushrooms – not too many
- Lots of garlic – by which I mean, 6-8 cloves (to me that’s not lots but to English people I know it is!)
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Put all the chopped veg & garlic in a baking dish & mix up. Add a good amount of salt & pepper. Pour some olive oil over the veg – not too much but not too little.
- Put foil over it & bake on medium oven until veg nearly cooked.
- At which point crumble a packet (or two – depending how much veg you have made) of good quality real feta cheese – I usually use one packet & I do use the low fat version sometimes, which is not real feta cheese but it still works.
- Leave the foil on.
- Bake some more until the feta is melted.
- Serve with baked potatoes/ salad/ rice/ crusty bread.
What I like about this is that prep time is no more than 10 mins (for me), it cooks on its own, and everyone always really likes it. What’s important is the quality of the ingredients, the oil, the pepper, the garlic and everything else. Lots of cherry tomatoes are always good.
Share your recipes and photos with us using the hashtag #MMUWomenInFocus and check out the rest of our Women In Focus recipes.